Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Assignment 1B

Had this uploaded in draft but never got around to posting it. I'll post them assignment by assignment I guess.. =)

So here's the second part of Assignment 1.. I guess the main challenges I found was finding my way around Illustrator. I'm pretty experienced with Photoshop, but Illustrator was a different ball game altogether, I still have trouble figuring out how to use a brush in Illustrator, lol. But I spoke to my friends in the design field, and I've seen stuff that they've whipped out using Illustrator - amazing stuff. Hopefully one day, with enough practice, I can be as versatile with Illustrator!

So anyway! Here's the final two that made it to Illustrator!

The first's a tidied up version of my 'I like food (pasta)' theme. I was thinking of adding a setting, perhaps a plaid tablecloth, to give it a restaurant/cafe feel. But I'm not too sure how to create a pattern like that for now.. hmm.


The second one's the final theme for 'I like dogs'! I really like this one, I find my dogs pretty cute *chuckles*


But comments I got from the class were that the L and first E are not pronounced enough. So there's some tweaking that I will still have to do. I also tried playing with a setting. I added some grass. But it looked pretty awful, so I stuck with a simple wave line.. As with the pasta art, I will have to work on a background/setting to make the pictures look better.. So stay tuned til touch-ups are done! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment